Why should I consider buying a Cork Yoga Block or Yoga Wedge?
Cork is an environmentally friendly choice over the standard chemically-made foam found in most yoga props (such as Yoga Blocks and Yoga Wedges). Here are just a few reasons to consider buying cork yoga props:
- Cork is a renewable, sustainable material.
- There are no toxic chemicals in the harvesting or manufacturing process.
- It is harvested from the bark of Cork Oak. The bark naturally splits every 9 – 15 years and is harvested without harming the tree.
- Cork will safely biodegrade by nature when these yoga props eventually must be retired.
- A Cork Yoga Block or Wedge offers a soft texture that is easy to grip and is slip-resistant (similar to that of a foam block).
- Cork blocks are firmer than foam blocks.
- The drawback to the foam blocks is that they are chemically-made and can emit an odor when they are new (some people are more sensitive to these odors). Cork is odor-free.
In addition to offering cork products as part of our “Green” line of yoga products, you can also find yoga blocks made from bamboo, balsa wood, and recycled materials . Check out all of our Yoga Blocks and Wedges.