Here are some quick exercises on how to use a Stability Exercise Ball for warming up and for core or abdominal work. This is a versatile exercise tool that people use as part of their normal fitness routines or to help with rehab or specific training for their sport. It is also incorporated into Yoga poses and Pilates routines as well. It helps to activate smaller muscles and just to add some fun and change into your practice.
- As with any exercise product or program, consult your physician before beginning.
- Be sure to warm up before each exercise.
- Follow the instructions.
- Keep your abdominal muscles contracted and maintain good posture at all times.
- Breathe normally during the entire exercise.
- Perform your exercise program slowly and increase the pace gradually.
- Try to perform each exercise 8 to 12 times.
- CAUTION: If you feel any pain, stop exercising and consult your physician.
A stability ball is known by many names, including a Pilates Ball, therapy ball, exercise ball, and many other names. It is important to note that there are different sizes of balls. Which size you buy is determined by your height. Visit our site and on each product page, you’ll see that we provide sizing instructions.
RollingSands Harmony sells three different kinds of exercise balls at this time. The first choice is to decide whether you would like a Stability Ball or a Burst-Resistant Stability Ball. The Burst-Resistant balls are made of a special material that won’t “burst” if punctured, but would slowly deflate instead. The second choice to make is whether you would like a phthalate-free stability ball (eco-friendly) or a standard PVC material.